The right set of skills, experience and education enable Faisal to understand our clients’ complex challenges and provide innovative, practical and cost effective solutions. He uses his breadth of knowledge across diverse industries to identify opportunities to improve project execution and reduce overall project costs.
As a project leader, Faisal provides direction to the team for the successful execution of the projects. He oversees the complete project delivery, starting from conceptual study through close out including planning & scheduling, home office design & engineering, procurement, cost control, regulatory approvals, vendor management, and construction & commissioning support. He has a solid history of producing results given limited resources through innovative, systematic and target driven approaches. His initiatives, leadership, and ability to work effectively under pressure have produced many successful projects.
Faisal’s project management experience spans over 18 years in diverse industries, including oil & gas, heavy oil, power and manufacturing. He brings industry-class expertise in the design and engineering of SAGD well pads/infill & facilities, NGL recovery and fractionation, oil & gas facilities, pipeline metering stations and power generation.
Faisal holds a Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Calgary (2011); Masters in Business Administration (Finance) from the Institute of Business Management, Pakistan (2007); Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the NED University of Engineering & Technology, Pakistan (1999) and is a Project Management Professional (PMP).
The key to project success is calmly and thoughtfully leading your team, while managing the risks that can sidetrack your plan.
– Faisal Wasti, Project Manager
- Pre FEED, FEED & Detail Design
- Project Engineering & Management
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Cost Estimation
- Scope and Change Management
- Technical, Regulatory and Construction Support
- Client Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Project Cost Control
- Project Reporting
- Risk Management
- Project Manager | Empress Fractionation Expansion, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Project Manager | FSK Merox Project, Plains Midstream Canada
- Project Manager | ND Milnor Meter Station, Alliance Pipeline
- Sr. Project Engineer | LPG Export Terminal (FEED), Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Sr. Project Engineer | Redwater Fractionation Site 3, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Additional Project Experience
- Area Manager | Standardization of Infill Design, MEG Energy
- Area Manager | Phase 1 & 2 Infill Well Expansion, MEG Energy
- Project Engineer | Refrigerated NGL Recovery, Suncor
- Project Engineer | Solvent Co-Injection, Statoil
- Project Manager | Maintenance Capital Projects, Statoil
- Project Engineer | Produced Gas Debottlenecking, Suncor
- Sr. Project Engineer | Combined Cycle Power Plant, IIL
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)