Ken’s technical expertise and commitment to regulatory compliance enables him to consistently deliver successful projects.
As a regulatory advisor, Ken advises on project development initiatives, to help our clients identify and meet regulatory requirements and expedite the acquisition of approvals and permits. These must be identified early in the project cycle, so that all project issues are addressed prior to the applications being submitted to regulatory agencies.
Ken has nearly 40 years of experience in regulatory projects management for heavy oil, oil sands, and for oil and gas pipelines. He has successfully undertaken project regulatory initiatives for energy projects in Alberta, NWT and BC during his 23 years as a consultant.
He has shared his experience with Post Graduate Students as a Session Instructor both for the Faculty of Management and the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Calgary over the years, teaching External Issues courses to Engineering and Management students.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Metallurgical Engineering from Dalhousie University (Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1979) & a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (University of Calgary, 1995).
Due diligence and compliance are the hallmarks of good stewardship for energy project development and completion.
– Kenneth Bahadur, Energy Regulatory Advisor
- Delivering sound regulatory advice for energy projects
- Ensuring project regulatory requirements are met in a timely fashion
- Identifying & managing regulatory risks
- Project regulatory management
- Ensuring that regulatory specifications are met
- Regulatory Advisor | Public Consultation, Diluent Injection to Enhance Bitumen Recovery, Statoil Heavy Oil Development
- Regulatory Advisor | Diluted Bitumen Pipeline, Enbridge
- Regulatory Advisor | Makeses CSS Oil Sands Project
Co-Gen and Interconnect Projects
Kearl Project Mining Oil sands development
Power + Transmission line and Water withdrawal
WestAlta Straddle Plant Development, Mackenzie Gas
Pipeline Project, Imperial Oil
- Regulatory Advisor | Muskeg River Mine Project & Scotford, Shell Canada
- Refinery Hydrogen Pipeline Projects
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) and British Columbia (APEGBC)
- Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS) Life Member