January 28th, 2019
Rangeland Engineering is looking for a Lead Process Engineer with an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset, to lead a team focused on providing services from conceptual design and cost benefit analysis, to operations de-bottlenecking and detailed process engineering.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading, mentoring and guiding a process engineering team to ensure successful completion of projects, from conception to commissioning, such as:
- Oil & Gas treating and handling facilities from wellhead to delivery;
- Gas sweetening and dehydration processes;
- NGL recovery, fractionation, treating and transportation;
- Hydrocarbon treating process;
- Oil, gas and NGL pipelines; and
- Conceptual design and evaluation of new process options.
- PFD and P&ID development;
- Providing appropriate engineering input and technical overview to design activities;
- Responsible for developing and stamping of key design documents (Material Balance, PFD, P&ID and Process Calculations);
- Reviewing and approving key process engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline;
- Providing cost benefit analysis for small to large sized projects in collaboration with other disciplines; and
- Leading interface with other internal departments, project managers, engineers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure strong working relationships.
- P.Eng. registration with APEGGA or equivalent is required; and
- Chemical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- A minimum 12 years process design experience with EPCM background, Some process plant operation and commissioning experience will be added advantage;
- Leadership, mentorship and coordination of intermediate and junior process personnel;
- Proficiency with HYSYS, Flare System Analyzer and VMGSim;
- Experience in the design of small to large projects and operations of natural gas and fractionation facilities;
- Proven project management skills from conception to start-up;
- Familiarity with design of processing equipment and oil field processes such as treaters, steam generators, heat exchangers, water treatment, energy optimization, and multiphase pipelines;
- Knowledge of safety design, and principles of process controls;
- Good understanding of work processes within all sized projects; and
- Excellent technical and organizational skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and oral command of English;
- Excels in building strong teams;
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude;
- An interest in identifying new business opportunities;
- Exceptional relationship building skills; and
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements will be considered. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org