Director of Operations & Design Drafting
Rangelander since 2006
As the backbone of Rangeland’s drafting and design services area, Ryan is instrumental in delivering the information, data and perspectives that help our clients make important decisions.
Ryan leads a team of more than 100 drafters and designers who support the entire lifecycle of our projects, including estimating, budgeting, scheduling, feasibility, conceptual and detailed design.
Ryan’s primary career focus has been piping design in the oil and gas industry, and he brings to his current role extensive experience in onsite and in-house planning, project scoping and construction support, as well as interdisciplinary management skills. He is also responsible for defining and implementing Rangeland’s overall technology strategy and developing our principal smart 3D modeling software.
He is a trusted leader and problem-solver, skills he has honed over a decade of supporting Rangeland’s most complex and challenging projects. Along the way, Ryan has developed strong relationships with our long-term clients and employees alike.
He holds a diploma in Engineering Design & Drafting Technology (Piping) from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (2000).
I have a big goal: I want to have the best drafting and design team in town and that gives me something to strive for every day.
– Ryan Beamin, Director of Operations & Design Drafting
- Oil & gas
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite
- ProCAD 2D Designer
- Plant Layout
- Piping Routing
- Model Reviews
- Lead piping designer | Edmonton Rail Terminal, Kinder Morgan
- Lead piping designer | Redwater Fractionation Site II, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Lead piping designer | Ethylene Storage, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Lead piping designer | OC2 Expansion, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Lead piping designer | Salt Cavern Program, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Lead piping designer | Fort Saskatchewan Plant Expansion, Plains Midstream
Additional Work Experience
- Lead piping designer | Line 4 Kerrobert Delivery Meter – Direct Injection, Enbridge
- Lead piping designer | Kirby Lake – Christina Lake Encana Phase 1B Expansion, Enbridge
- Lead piping designer | Trap Replacement Program, Enbridge
- Lead piping designer | Drain Tank Replacement Program, Enbridge
- Lead piping designer | Cavern Storage, Enbridge
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)