Steve is a skilled piping designer and a trusted partner, working closely with his colleagues to consistently produce high quality solutions that exceed client and project expectations.
As the piping manager, Steve is involved in conceptual design, FEED, detailed engineering design, and field construction support. He manages resource planning and development, project scheduling, project estimating and quality, as well as the prioritization of CADD support. He works closely with other drafting disciplines to implement and maintain our drafting standards and procedures.
A true collaborator and skilled problem-solver, Steve works with project management and clients to meet deadlines and quickly resolve any issues that arise day-to-day. He brings a strong commitment to quality control and a natural ability to develop and allocate resources to every project he supports.
With more than 20 years of senior mechanical design experience, Steve has worked on a wide variety of projects in the oil and gas industry including NGL facilities, storage tanks, fractionation, natural-gas and oil-gathering systems, cogen, SAGD, oilsands, steam turbines, froth treatment, heat exchangers, and hydro-treaters.
Steve holds a diploma in Piping Design – HVAC Design major from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (1995) and a diploma in Structural Design – Electrical Drafting major from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (1997) .
I like working with Rangeland’s diverse and hardworking team – we are dedicated to succeeding! This energy makes it easy to focus on our client’s best interests.
– Steve Slimmon, Piping Manager
- Auto Cad, AutoCAD 3D, AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Bentley PDS
- Manhour estimating
- Scheduling and Progress reporting
- Team Leadership
- Upstream, midstream, downstream facilities
- Senior piping lead | Cavern 7A, Keyera Corp
- Senior piping lead | Condensate Injection Pumps, Keyera Corp
- Senior piping lead | Burstall Ethane Storage, Veresen Midstream
- Senior design lead | Empress Fractionation Expansion FEED, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Senior design lead | Redwater Fractionation Site 3, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Senior design lead | Redwater Fractionation Site II, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Society of Piping Engineers and Designers (SPED)
- Member of Professional Piping Designer Advisory Committee (PPDAC)